Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Swap-O-Rama



I was contacted a while back by one of the organizers of a very cool local event. Swap-O-Rama. What is it? Well they describe it as such:

"Swap-O-Rama-Rama is a clothing swap and series of do-it-yourself workshops in which a community explores creative reuse through the recycling of used clothing."

Attendees bring a bag of unwanted clothing and $10. All of the donated items are then pooled together and attendees can pick and choose items they want to modify and restyle in a series of workshops.

It sounds like a lot of fun and I was happy to supply some items for their free goody bags.

Check out the site here: Des Moines Swap-O-Rama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post about the swap, I love your stuff!

Kari Sweeten said...

I just had to stop by and let you know that you are our first winner for Ucreate's birthday party! I am giving prizes to my followers all day long.
Find yours here:
http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/2009/08/happy-birthday-ucreate-giveaway-1.html

Just contact me at ucreatecrafts@gmail.com to claim your giveaway!

Thanks for being a follower!!