Monday, June 29, 2009

A knitting milestone, and Name that Monster

This weekend marked a momentous occassion in my life. I finished my first ever knitting in the round project. And what did I choose? A nice simple hat? Nope. I chose Penelope, the Empathetic Monster:

She was as easy to make as she is adorable, after I got the hang of double pointed needles that is.
I got the pattern on Etsy from DangerCrafts whose business name I adore so much that even if all she sold was ceramic coiled rattlesnake sculptures I'd probably still buy something from her. Thankfully though she sells absolutely adorable knit monster/animal patterns instead.

Even though the pattern is for "Penelope", I'm not sure that my reincarnation of her really looks like a Penelope. I was thinking she was more like a Margaret, or maybe a Mathilda.

What do you think? What should her name be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She came out so cute, I love the colors you picked! I am glad I don't sell ceramic coiled rattlesnake sculptures, too.

Anonymous said...

Ok, having probs leaving a comment, that last one was from Rebecca Danger and so is this one.....

Got Grammer said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Avery and willamenia need one two!!!